Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Real time acquisition of speech samples

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

I am working with cyclone DSP development board. But I don't know how to use the MIC IN and audio in ports. Let anyone explains me how to acquire speech samples in this kit. Or please suggest some reference examples/documentations. 

Thanking you, 

Amudha
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the mic will most likely have to go to some sort of ADC or Codec... i'm not familiar with the dev. board, I don't know. But there will be something to digitze the data. Then it's a matter of simply collecting samples at whatever rate you want. Give more info and I can perhaps help you out some more.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by jdhar@Jun 30 2006, 04:02 PM 

the mic will most likely have to go to some sort of adc or codec... i'm not familiar with the dev. board, i don't know. but there will be something to digitze the data. then it's a matter of simply collecting samples at whatever rate you want. give more info and i can perhaps help you out some more. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=16582) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for your reply. 

The DSP development board has mic port as well as ADC. my doubt is how to acquire the samples from C code.  

regards, 

amudha
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm also working on a project for voice recognition and one of issue I have is how to get the input voice from a mic to a VDHL coding. Is there a templet/example of a code that can guide me through the beginning stages of my project? Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos