Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

stand alone lwip with Stratix II DSP kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm been trying to get the stand alone lwip working with a Stratix II DSP kit. I started with the board_diag_DSP example design in the DSP kit. I put the standard design onto the board and created the board_diag_DSP project in the nios2 ide. This diagnostic program exercises the leds, jtag uart and seven segment display and also launches the stand alone lwip. The C project built successfully, and launches and does all the other tests, but something is wrong with the lwip because I cannot ping the board. 

I thought I might have more success with the stand alone lwip project in the nios forum. The same thing happens, I cannot ping the board. I tried using the setup.exe file that comes with the download from the nios forum and I also tried putting the lwip files in the nios ide C application by hand, setting up the include paths in properties and copying the new HAL stuff to, 

d:\altera\quartus60\sopc_builder\components\altera_avalon_lan91c111\HAL 

I also put in a sensible static ip addr in the file lwip_web_server.c and also 

I had to edit mac_addr.c to dream up some arbitrary MAC address. The lwip application builds and launches, but I cannot ping it. I tried to use the nios2 ide debugger to find out what is wrong, but the code is complicated and it never seems to emerge from a function net_if_add in \core\netif.c . Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

this is a problem I also encountered when I was working with the lwIP-stack. The following worked for me: 

edit dhcp.c and get rid of the dhcp-function in order to make your own static IP-address. 

Don't know if it works for you, but good luck!!! 

Cheers, 

Danny
0 Kudos