Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Eclipse IDE

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I know some of you out there are hardcore emacs and commandline user, but i thought having a nice IDE like Eclipse would be of advantage. 

Anyone knows anything about setting up Eclipse CDT on Linux/coLinux ? 

I happy to try it out ... 

Blackfin uClinux docs has some insight of doing it ... but it would be nice if NIOS II had the same as well ...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm currently developing an embedded system using uCLinux running on NIOS II. I initially developed the software in Linux using Eclipse, CDT, etc. I used Fedora Core 4, so Eclipse came with it. 

The experience was good. It got annoying after a while however. Soon I just used the Eclipse that came with Nios II. Debugging sucks, only printf helps me, but that&#39;s all I need. http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif  

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by albertyong88@Aug 17 2006, 03:03 PM 

hi 

i know some of you out there are hardcore emacs and commandline user, but i thought having a nice ide like eclipse would be of advantage. 

anyone knows anything about setting up eclipse cdt on linux/colinux ? 

i happy to try it out ... 

blackfin uclinux docs has some insight of doing it ... but it would be nice if nios ii had the same as well ... 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=17688) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have set up Eclipse on coLinux running debian. Basically, I need to download Eclipse, CDT, and java to set it up. But, it works and I am very delighted.  

I also moved some of my NIOS II uClinux project to it, and it is good. 

I haven&#39;t tried debugging anything, but i shall try it later.
0 Kudos