Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12605 Discussions

Cygwin1.dll problem at build time

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All, 

I am getting this obnoxious message when I try building the example programs, including "Hello World". I get this message - "the procedure entry point pthread_mutex_lock could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll". The error window's title bar displays the title "nios2-elf-gcc.exe - entry point not found".  

Strangely, I never saw the message the last time I used the board, which was a year back and now this message crops up consistently. I have installed a whole lot of software since then, including Xilinx's ISE. But I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Quartus (version 5.0) and NIOS II ide and that still didn't work. 

None of the previous posts on the forum were helpful enough to get rid of the problem. 

Can someone please help.  

Waseem
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

had the same problem after installation of cygwin. 

seems to be a problem with different cygwin dll versions. 

search for cygwin1.dll, check your path and remove the part where  

it finds the wrong dll. 

i use a tool "pathman.exe" (windows resource kit) to switch the paths  

and sometimes i simply rename my cygwin directotry to _cycwin,  

so that it cannot find the dll in this directory.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks a lot Fischer. Did what you said. Renamed the culprit cygwin1.dll file in the winnt directory and the program works simply fine. 

Thanks again. 

Waseem
0 Kudos