Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Configuring Ecos

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm a new ecos user(nearly) so excuse any silly q's. 

I have a Atmel AT91SAM7A2 dev kit with an ARM multi-ice jtag device. 

I installed ecos and redboot in ubuntu linux and managed to get the configuration tool running. I am assuming that completing the configuration tools settings is my first step to doing basically anything(as I understand from the docs), but you have to specify an specific target. They have an ARM PID kit and an Atmel AT91 kit, but not the specific one I need. Must I choose one of these and just adapt the settings and if which would you choose, or must I "define" a new kit or something with alternative means? 

Any advice welcome. 

Regards 

Hendrik Meiring
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by roftie@Sep 7 2006, 07:33 AM 

hi all, 

i'm a new ecos user(nearly) so excuse any silly q's. 

i have a atmel at91sam7a2 dev kit with an arm multi-ice jtag device. 

i installed ecos and redboot in ubuntu linux and managed to get the configuration tool running. i am assuming that completing the configuration tools settings is my first step to doing basically anything(as i understand from the docs), but you have to specify an specific target. they have an arm pid kit and an atmel at91 kit, but not the specific one i need. must i choose one of these and just adapt the settings and if which would you choose, or must i "define" a new kit or something with alternative means? 

any advice welcome. 

regards 

hendrik meiring 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=18133) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

This is a forum devoted to the Nios processor for Altera FPGAs. For an eCos question related to other processors I suggets the eCos mailing lists http://ecos.sourceware.org/intouch.html (http://ecos.sourceware.org/intouch.html)
0 Kudos