Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How to disable IP header and UDP checksum

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am implementing my own UDP stack by manually filling the entire ethernet frame, byte by byte. I ignored the checksum fields in the frame by leaving them as zero. However, the receiving end is discarding these packets when they arrive just because of the bad chucksum values. 

Is there any way to tell the receiving end TCP/IP stack to ignore the checksum fields, both the UDP and IP?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by heavenscape@Sep 15 2006, 08:28 AM 

i am implementing my own udp stack by manually filling the entire ethernet frame, byte by byte. i ignored the checksum fields in the frame by leaving them as zero. however, the receiving end is discarding these packets when they arrive just because of the bad chucksum values. 

is there any way to tell the receiving end tcp/ip stack to ignore the checksum fields, both the udp and ip? 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=18285) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

You can ignore UDP, by setting the cheskum to zero, however I think the IP header is mandatory
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes at least you have to calculate the checksum for the ip-frame

0 Kudos