Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Builder error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm building my first example project as explained in the tutorial literature. 

The "Console window" output of the "Nios II IDE" follows 

**** Incremental build of configuration Debug for project count_binary_0 **** 

make -s all  

"X`which cygpath.exe 2> /dev/null`" was unexpected at this time. 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_60/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:152: `: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_60/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:152: "c:/altera/kits/nios2_60"`: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_60/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:152: /components/altera_hal/build/gnu_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_60/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:156: `: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_60/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:156: "c:/altera/kits/nios2_60"`: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_60/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:156: /components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

make: *** No rule to make target `/components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk'. Stop. 

Build completed 

????? Help me if u can ! Tks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have encountered the same and I have got the reply from Altera. I re-installed my systems and they are working now. 

The repy information are as follows: 

I believe you need to do a reinstallation of Altera's software. Please be noted with the following consideration during your reinstallation: 

1. Please make sure you only have Quartus II 6.0 and Nios II 6.0 installed. You can not have multiple versions installed since this will cause SOPC Builder components to mix and not operate correctly.  

2. Make sure that you do not have any other versions of Cygwin installed on your PC. If you have, please remove it first. 

3. Try uninstalling all Altera software, re-install QuartusII 6.0 first and then Nios II 6.0. 

4. Run SOPC builder once after installing NiosII, as SOPC builder sets up a few PATHs and updates some of the files needed by the NiosII IDE. Launching the SOPC builder within a standard reference design should ensure all the paths are setup, then relaunch the NiosII IDE.
0 Kudos