Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

EPCS Stratix II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

I am currently trying to use a stratix II with the SOPC epcs controller. I was previously using NIOS 5.1 and read that it is not possible to boot software from the flash. I also found a solution but could not get it work. I looked at the NIOS/Quartus 6.0 documenation and it seemed that it has been fixed in NIOS 6.0 is this correct??? If i used 6.0 will i be able to boot software from the flash without problem?? Also if anyone has gotten the fix to work for 5.1 I d like to know how you did it. It says to place the code on a sector boundry but i am not sure how to find that. 

Thanks... 

EDIT: i just tried this in 6.0 and it does work. How do you get the IDE to to print out what the software is running when it is loaded from flash. I have tried to use the shell and use nios2-terminal that does work but for some reason when i type stuff it does not display on the screen in the terminal but it does type it in.
0 Kudos
0 Replies