Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

IDE lockup

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've been working on my custom board developing firmware and C code. The development system and target were functioning yesterday no problem. I shut down my development computer leaving the target board on which is what I always do. This morning the Eclipse IDE locks up when launched. By "locked up" I mean I get an hourglass cursor while the splash screen appears and then the IDE opens the working window but I never get control of the application. I have to kill the IDE through the Windows Task Manager and then get an error message from Java. 

I've seen this problem occurring occasionally but today it has kept me from getting work done for over an hour since I've been unable to launch my IDE. I've rebooted my target, my development computer, disconnected the JTAG/USB blaster, etc. numerous times and combinations to no avail. 

Any thoughts on this problem? 

steve 

PS: Just as I finished writing this posting, I finally get IDE to run.... back to the salt mines for me.
0 Kudos
0 Replies