Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

What software do i need for my board?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey, 

Well i was just given a Altera Nios APEX developement board. Yes i know its old and out of date but it was free! The box came with all the hardware but no manuals or software. I've been able to find a few manuals which will be enough to get me going with my main project (programing the FPGA) but i was intrested in maybe doing some more stuff with the nios processor and for that i need software. I was wondering what software suite would work with my version of the board and where i can get it from? 

Thanks, 

David
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi David,  

Yikes, Nios II doesn't even support the APEX family. If you really really want to design embedded systems with that board then you will need to track down the original Nios software. I think the final version of Nios was v3.2, released in February of 2004. I actually have a copy of this CD-ROM. PM me if you really do want it. I think you need Quartus II v3.0 or 4.0 to support this, but unfortunately I don't have those. Good luck.
0 Kudos