Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

a strange problem, pls help me out

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

first some descriptions of my board: 

quartus: 5.1 

nios2: 5.1 

nios2 cpu: nios/f with data cache 

uClinux: derived from nioswiki.jot.com 

everthing of the uClinux seems to be ok because I have done many verifications on it and nothing is wrong.  

But when I run a user application including the following codes, the uClinux automatically reboot: 

#define writew(b,addr)    __builtin_sthio ((void*)addr,b)# define readw(addr)       __builtin_ldhuio ((void*)addr)            for(i=0;i<100;i++)     {  daq_status0=readw(STATUS2_BASE)&1;            fselect_counter=readw(STATUS1_BASE);  while( daq_status0==(readw(STATUS2_BASE)&1) )  {                                  ;  }       } 

/* 

STATUS1_BASE and STATUS2_BASE are the address of the registers in my user logic outside the nios2 cpu and are mapped to a flash-like space of the nios2 cpu. 

I have verified that it&#39;s the above codes that make the uClinux system automatically reboot when I run it. 

I generate the cross compiler according to "http://nioswiki.jot.com/WikiHome/OperatingSystems/BinaryToolchain" and compile my user application by such gcc command:  

nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc hello.c -o hello -elf2flt 

*/ 

then i changed my codes to the following: 

#define writew(b,addr)    __builtin_sthio ((void*)addr,b)# define readw(addr)       __builtin_ldhuio ((void*)addr)      for(i=0;i<100;i++)     {  daq_status0=readw(STATUS2_BASE)&1;            delay(1,1);  fselect_counter=readw(STATUS1_BASE);  delay(1,1);     while( daq_status0==(readw(STATUS2_BASE)&1) )  {      delay(1,1);  }       } void delay(int loop1, int loop2) {   int i,j,k;   for(i=0;i<loop1;i++)   {     for(j=0;j<loop2;j++)     {       k=j;     }   } } 

Then my application can function correctly in most times, but there is still a small probability to let the system reboot automatically. 

My have made a lot of effort to do with the problem, but I can&#39;t still get rid of it! 

can someone give me some hint or suggestion about the problem?
0 Kudos
0 Replies