Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

help, Programming flash error!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

in my custom board, i can read the flash and can not write to it ,following is the information when i use the flash Programmer: 

# ! /bin/sh# # This file was automatically generated by the Nios II IDE Flash Programmer.# # It will be overwritten when the flash programmer options change.#  

cd D:/altera/kits/hello_world_pll/Debug 

# Creating .flash file for the FPGA configuration 

$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/sof2flash --flash=U2 --offset=0x0 --input=D:/altera/kits/cy1 

2pll/cy12pll.sof --output=cy12pll.flash 

Info: ******************************************************************* 

Info: Running Quartus II Convert_programming_file 

Info: Command: quartus_cpf --no_banner --convert D:/altera/kits/cy12pll/cy12pll. 

sof cy12pll.rbf 

Info: Quartus II Convert_programming_file was successful. 0 errors, 0 warnings 

Info: Processing ended: Sun Oct 15 18:08:18 2006 

Info: Elapsed time: 00:00:00 

WARNING: Default charset GBK not supported, using ISO-8859-1 instead 

# Programming flash with the FPGA configuration 

$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/nios2-flash-programmer --input=cy12pll.flash --sof=D:/altera 

/kits/cy12pll/cy12pll_board/system/cy12pll_board.sof --base=0x01000000 

Oct 15, 2006 6:08:20 PM - (??) nios2-flash-programmer: Launching Quartus Program 

mer to download: 

D:/altera/kits/cy12pll/cy12pll_board/system/cy12pll_board.sof 

Pre-Reading 283KBytes of data from U2: 

|----.----+----.----| 

********************* (13.125 sec). 

Erasing 5 Sectors: 

|----.----+----.----| 

********************* (2.922 sec). 

Unable to send write-packet @0 

buffer-chunk write failed @0 

erase-block write failed @0 

write failed @0 

Oct 15, 2006 6:08:51 PM - (??) nios2-flash-programmer: Unable to write to flash 

Oct 15, 2006 6:08:51 PM - (??) nios2-flash-programmer: Error: Write-operation fa 

iled on device. - exiting. 

the flash is AM29LV128ML-123REI, and i use the preset flash parameter in SOPC Builder,the osc is 50Mhz,wiht Q5.0, i have also examed the board several times and the connection is ok ! please help me,thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by cosmosd@Oct 15 2006, 05:22 AM 

in my custom board, i can read the flash and can not write to it ,following is the information when i use the  flash programmer: 

# ! /bin/sh# # this file was automatically generated by the nios ii ide flash programmer.# # it will be overwritten when the flash programmer options change.#  

cd d:/altera/kits/hello_world_pll/debug 

# creating .flash file for the fpga configuration 

$sopc_kit_nios2/bin/sof2flash --flash=u2 --offset=0x0 --input=d:/altera/kits/cy1 

2pll/cy12pll.sof --output=cy12pll.flash 

the flash is am29lv128ml-123rei, and i use the preset flash parameter in sopc builder,the osc is 50mhz,wiht q5.0, i have also examed the board  several times and the connection is ok ! please help me,thanks! 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=18699) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Let me say go different page at the first try. I did have a board with bad flash page on 0.
0 Kudos