Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Memory Initialization File

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I have a module containing a memory created by MegaFunction and mif-specified. But when i run , i see that my memory hasn't been initialized (using SignalTap). Maybe i didn't put *.mif at the right place ? (i now put it in the Quartus project directory). 

Where should I put it ? (in the Quartus project dir , software dir , .... or anywhere else ??) 

Regards, 

Quan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I list mine along with the hdl source files. They show up in the others file list of the project. The Megafunction also has the file name embedded. The hdl/mif/hex files are all listed in the qsf. Careful about case. I was getting Quartus crashes with internal fault that was traced to case sensitive file name comparison and I hadn't kept the case usage consistent. Perhaps it has been corrected in the newer releases. This crash was only when the mif/hex file has been changed and the sof was being updated but the synthesis/p&r step was skipped. A full compile didn't have the case sensitive problem.

0 Kudos