Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

weak pull-up resistor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

How can I add a pull up resistor to specific pin? 

When I added pull-up resistor , it added to all the pins. and I want to add it to specific pin. 

Thanks 

Tal
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This depends on the target device you have. I am not shure if all targets do support weak pull ups. 

but if the target supports this is very easy with the assignment editor. 

if your top level is a schematic then just highlight the pin then locate it inside the assignment editor. 

now you should see your pin selected with at least the pin location assign to it. 

now clic an empty assignment name field and press "w" the possible weak pull up resistor should be available press enter and go to the next field on the right an enable it with YES press enter. 

thats it. now recompile. 

have fun.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I see the pin on the assignment editor list but  

I can't see the weak pull up resistor option on the list . 

On which filed it should be? Do I need to do something special for see this option? 

Tal 

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by mschmitt@Mar 13 2007, 11:54 AM 

this depends on the target device you have. i am not shure if all targets do support weak pull ups. 

but if the target supports this is very easy with the assignment editor. 

if your top level is a schematic then just highlight the pin then locate it inside the assignment editor. 

now you should see your pin selected with at least the pin location assign to it. 

now clic an empty assignment name field and press "w" the possible weak pull up resistor should be available press enter and go to the next field on the right an enable it with yes press enter. 

thats it. now recompile. 

have fun. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=22244) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos