Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

time limited core

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello, 

I bought a nios development kit stratix edition then required and obtain the license. 

Then i'm trying to create a design, using a niosII processor and a sdram controller. 

But it generate just a time limited .sof. Is it normal? 

Then when i launch quartus, tehre was written "subscription expire", they ask me to specify a license, whereas i already done it in tools -> license setup. ( my license should expire in march 2008).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by visman@Mar 13 2007, 05:50 AM 

hello, 

i bought a nios development kit stratix edition then required and obtain the license. 

then i'm trying to create a design, using a niosii processor and a sdram controller. 

but it generate just a time limited .sof. is it normal? 

then when i launch quartus, tehre was written "subscription expire", they ask me to specify a license, whereas i already done it in tools -> license setup. ( my license should expire in march 2008). 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=22249) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

In the same location where you specified your license location there should be a box underneath showing you all the IP cores that your license is valid for. If you don&#39;t see Nios II listed then I would contact your sales representative to clear up the issue. The time limited sof file requires you to keep a USB blaster connected to the board and the dialog box that opens after you download the programming file must remain open.
0 Kudos