Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

SG-DMA+TSE+NIOS+NICHE(superloop)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. 

I need example or some guide that will allow me to create software for such system. 

If u want to give me link to SSSS+ example in wiki I don't want that. It's no good for me as I have no dev-board and I have no way to get it. I have my own piece of hardware. And I want to know how to make niche stack work on NIOS without uCOS. 

Thnx in advance. 

P.S. Oh... and all the scripts loving ppl... I know u love NIOS shell... but I hate it. so pls don't bother posting scripts if they have no how-to-use instructions attached to them.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The ssss+ (http://www.nioswiki.com/exampledesigns/superloopsimplesocketserverplus) is the best example of superloop that you can find. It is not tied to a specific hardware board and can be adapted to your board. 

You won't find a lot of other examples of the Niche stack without uCOS because this setup isn't supported by Altera.
0 Kudos