Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

altsyncram CNX file retrieval info??

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Maybe one for support but I thought I'd run it by you guys first. 

Over the development of one of our chips we've produced around 20 memories using altsyncram. Now some were generated in the gui and some using the megawizrd command line, and some in different Quartus versions. What I noticed is that depending on how they were generated that although the instantiation of the altsyncram component is identical (for any given configuration) that there are subtle differences in the CNX file retrieval info at the end of the file. 

A snippet of these are 

-- Retrieval info: PRIVATE: REGdata NUMERIC "1" -- Retrieval info: PRIVATE: REGq NUMERIC "1" -- Retrieval info: PRIVATE: REGrdaddress NUMERIC "1" -- Retrieval info: PRIVATE: REGrren NUMERIC "1" -- Retrieval info: PRIVATE: REGwraddress NUMERIC "1" -- Retrieval info: PRIVATE: REGwren NUMERIC "1" 

Now I've searched the documentation and can't find anything about what these do (I know not to edit them), but I expected them to be the same for identiacal RAM confugurations. 

At the end of the day this does not cause a problem as we regenerate them all at the same time using a script and megawizard command line to ensure consistancy. 

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

CNX comments are for the megawizard when you re-open a megafunction. They are not actually used by synthesis(many people just copy the instantiation out of the megawizard and start pasting it into their own code.) I don't know what each line of the CNX means, but wouldn't worry about it much.

0 Kudos