Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Cyclone III AP configuration boot address

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear all,  

I'm using the Cyclone III starter kit, which has a CFI Flash using an Active Parallel configuration scheme. 

The default boot address for the AP configuration scheme is the 0x020000 and i want to change this address to an upper address. 

I read that in order to change the default boot address shall be used the JTAG instruction APFC_BOOT_ADDR, but i don't know how to do it. 

Please, can anyone help me?! 

Best regards to all!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't think you can do it with the USB blaster and Quartus software. You may have to use another JTAG system to do it. 

But this instruction is pretty useless anyway, because the setting is volatile, and on the next power cycle it will be lost and the FPGA will load again the configuration at address 0x020000
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I don't think you can do it with the USB blaster and Quartus software. You may have to use another JTAG system to do it. 

But this instruction is pretty useless anyway, because the setting is volatile, and on the next power cycle it will be lost and the FPGA will load again the configuration at address 0x020000 

--- Quote End ---  

Daixiwen thanks for your reply. 

Since this setting is volatile and will be lost after power supply restart, it is unuseless for my application. 

Best regards.
0 Kudos