Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Multiple Triple Speed Ethernet with microOS II and interniche

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Anybody can tell me how to set the driver to handle multiple TSE in the Nios II software? 

I have Nios II EDS 9.0 sp2, running microOS II with interniche.. As soon as I have 2 TSE Ethernet defined, my system crashed upon execution or when any data coming from the ethernet. 

Anybody can help? 

Best, 

E1
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i have done this before without error, this may be some specific configuration issue. 

--dalon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you remember if you need to set any parameters or definition to have run? 

According to Interniche, we only need to enable the MULTI_HOMED and IP_ROUTING definition. 

Appreciate if you can help.. 

Best,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

did not have to do anything. I made one minor modification to the driver to allow me to easily determine which TSE was which, but that is it. 

Are these 2 entirely separate TSEs with independent SGDMA's or a shared FIFO implementation? 

--dalon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Either way, it gave me the same problem.. What setting you did? 

I found that tse_mac_device structure array of 4, was only filled with 1 TSE structure address, which is the second ethernet. The first ethernet were never initialized.. 

So when it received message, it ran an invalid instruction (wildcard instruction).
0 Kudos