FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Data transfer using buffer with (HPS--bridge--FPGA)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the DEO nano SOC and it looks like the Ethernet module is connected directly to the HPS. I can read/write data through the ethernet port... (PC--Ethernet--HPS) using c code. It looks like any data entering the rj45 cable goes through the HPS. The HPS has a fifo buffer system where I can "fread" an array from a file on a PC and get elements from the array as needed. I would like to do something similar with the FPGA component where I can input consecutive integers, use verilog or "block" style code to get data to my gpio ports.  

I am working on the following protocol: 

PC--Ethernet--HPS--bridge--FPGA--gpio. 

I have the first three working and I understand how to get the last two to work.  

Is there an example that allows one to set up the FPGA to read data stored in a fifo buffer where one can get and process it as needed? Is so, please direct me to that source. Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Doug,  

Can you please help me, i dont know where to start from PC--Ethernet--HPS. Please help me. Do you have any tutorials or codes ? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have the DEO nano SOC and it looks like the Ethernet module is connected directly to the HPS. I can read/write data through the ethernet port... (PC--Ethernet--HPS) using c code. It looks like any data entering the rj45 cable goes through the HPS. The HPS has a fifo buffer system where I can "fread" an array from a file on a PC and get elements from the array as needed. I would like to do something similar with the FPGA component where I can input consecutive integers, use verilog or "block" style code to get data to my gpio ports.  

I am working on the following protocol: 

PC--Ethernet--HPS--bridge--FPGA--gpio. 

I have the first three working and I understand how to get the last two to work.  

Is there an example that allows one to set up the FPGA to read data stored in a fifo buffer where one can get and process it as needed? Is so, please direct me to that source. Thank you. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am trying to implement similar thing as well but no luck till now. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos