Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

altera_europa_support_lib warnings

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Anyone have any suggestions on how to suppress the following messages from the altera libs: 

Warning (10542): VHDL Variable Declaration warning at altera_europa_support_lib.vhd(340): used initial value expression for variable "arg_copy" because variable was never assigned a value 

Warning (10542): VHDL Variable Declaration warning at altera_europa_support_lib.vhd(344): used initial value expression for variable "arg_length" because variable was never assigned a value 

I'd like to suppress these messages from the altera libraries but still have them show up for my code, which doesn't seem possible unless I go thru each altera source warning message and suppress each one individual, which across all my projects gets into the thousands :( 

I guess, the real solution of course is for it to be fixed in the library but its been there for several software releases now with no end in sight. 

jcn
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't have a solution, but find it annoying too, that there are a lot of warnigns with a cleanly created NIOS core.  

For a beginner like me it is irritating to get a bunch of warnings and can nothing do against it. It makes learning vhdl harder, as I have no idea, if the warnings are introduced by my own faults, or if they come from the library. :mad: 

When will this fault be solved by altera??
0 Kudos