Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Porting SoftFloat / TestFloat to the NiosII

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a slight problem porting the SoftFloat Library from J.Hauser and its testing-application to the nios2. 

When I compile the code using the nios2-elf-gcc on the console, everything compiles fine, 

however if I load the code into the Nios2-IDE, it complains about a lot of strange things, like it can't resolve the typedefs etc. :/ 

I even tried to put everything in one file - but even this fails - the linker complains about undefined references (to functions which are declared in the c-file!) 

I really don't know how to proceed - it would be really nice if someone could help me get this app ported. 

You can find the sources at: 

http://www.jhauser.us/arithmetic/softfloat.html 

btw.: The reason I want to use this particular softfloat library is the TestFloat program from the same author, which I would like to use to verify my own floating point unit. 

Help is really appreciated, 

thanks 

Pete
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

its hard to be specific, but you should check your include and library path in IDE. Open properties. But of course your should first make sure the compilation is working, then bother about the linker.

0 Kudos