Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

Switching between Quartus II web (free) and paid versions

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can I switch between Quartus II web (free) and paid versions? What happens to the Quartus project that uses features of the paid version when I open the free version? 

Thanks, 

Ron
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If the project uses settings, that aren't supported in the web edition (e.g. incremental compilation), you need to change them to compile the project. But it isn't a serious problem, I think.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Up to Quartus 8 i used a trick to get a design compiled with the web edition running without the timelimited "feature". But you need access to a subcription edition. 

you need to generate the sopc project with the subcription edition and then you can compile as often as you want with the web edition. as your custom sopc ip were referenced only by the sopc builder but realy included by the compile run. you can modify your design at home and let it run from cfi flash or epcs. 

the only last border i did came across was, that the web edition must be used the same day as the sopc was generated with a paid version. the next day the web edition didn't like the generated sopc and generated a time limited version again.
0 Kudos