Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

help... problem with the license.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Im using quartus ii 7.2 , schematic design. I have request a license from altera website and they sent to me .dat file and I have specified to the program. But  

when I compile the circuit I get this message: 

specified license is not valid for this machine 

Is that because I did something wrong, or I request was wrong. 

help me please.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the lincense file is working now, I just restarted my computer and it work. But I have another problem , after building the circuit and compile it I get this message 

warning: can't generate programming files because you are currently using the quartus ii in evaluation mode. 

and I need the programming file to implement the circuit in fpga 

can any one help me...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you compile a simple "hello world" program (i.e. switching a led on and off). If not I´m quite sure you have a wrong license file. Maybe you put in the wrong MAC address. Other way round your project is too complex. Of course with a simple study license for free you don´t have all the features than with a full license.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can compile it in quartus , also I can see the result using waveform. but I can't uploaded it to fpga. when I click on "add file" in "programmer" window I don't see the file. 

I have tried to get the license twice, now I have to license files and non of 

them is working. about MAC address, I get it from "command" ( dos window) 

then " ipconfig/all" 

I don't now what is the problem 

thanks any way...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I can compile it in quartus , also I can see the result using waveform. but I can't uploaded it to fpga. when I click on "add file" in "programmer" window I don't see the file. 

I have tried to get the license twice, now I have to license files and non of 

them is working. about MAC address, I get it from "command" ( dos window) 

then " ipconfig/all" 

I don't now what is the problem 

thanks any way... 

--- Quote End ---  

So I don´t know if I´m right but it seems there is no .sof file. If this is right it is cause there is something wrong with your license file. Quartus compiles everything except these .sof files if you have no license file. Do you have more than one LAN adapter. You must choose the Ethernet adapter and not the Wireless adapter. Maybe thats the fault.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You were righ! it really works . thanxxxxx alot you really helped me. in the license file I took wireless adapter mac address, because I didn't notice ethernet adapter. thanx alot :):):D

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

:) thats nice. Thanks for your feedback. :)

0 Kudos