Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Error when I building project of NIOS II IDE

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Help me! 

When I building project of Nios II IDE error: 

I works with  

Nios II Integrated Development Environment 

Version: 9.1 

Build: 222 

**** Build of configuration Debug for project web_server_0_syslib **** 

make -s all includes  

Creating generated_all.mk... 

5 [main] ? (2692) c:\altera\91\quartus\bin\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x680000, top 0x690000, reserve_size 61440, allocsize 65536, page_const 4096 

3 [main] sh 4024 fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization, retry 0, exit code 0x100, errno 11 

/bin/sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable 

cygpath: can't convert empty path 

C:/altera/91/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:120: /components/altera_hal/build/gnu_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

C:/altera/91/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:124: /components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

make: *** No rule to make target `/components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk'. Stop. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did the SOPC generation pass with out any problem? 

Try the small Hello world by Altera. 

It is very small memory size program. 

See if it OK?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I had this problem too, but in the SOPC Builder generation, not the IDE, and I found some tips on the web. 

In my case, it was an incompatibility between cygwin and a Mac Afee feature (memory overflow protection). 

Some might have the problem with others antivirus like Norman or Panda. 

Try to deactivate your antivirus and test. 

One more thing, be sure to have only one version of cygwin (Quartus ones) installed on your computer, if not, rename all cygwin1.dll. 

Good luck.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello... 

Now, i am doing my project to transfer image between host computer (PC) and FPGA DE2 Altera via USB and display it into monitor. I am still new in using NIOS II Processor. First, I try to buil project USB Device given in Altera CD (DE2_NIOS_DEVICE_LED.sof). But, i found error when building project like below: 

"The software setting (STF) file associated with this project is damaged. This may be fixed by copying your source files into new C/C++ application project. For more details see the error log." 

What should i do? What is the meaning of copying source file into new C/C++ application project? 

Thank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have spaces in the path to your project? If yes move it to a folder whose name doesn't have any spaces.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I do face this kind of problem 

make -s all includes  

Creating generated_all.mk... 

5 [main] ? (2692) c:\altera\91\quartus\bin\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x680000, top 0x690000, reserve_size 61440, allocsize 65536, page_const 4096 

I am using Nios II 9.1 IDE and Nios II SBT for Eclipse. Unfortunately, both platform also gave me this error. I have disabled all the Anti virus software and Logitech web cam, May I know what cause this error? 

I am very urgent, please guide me.... 

Thanks 

Caridee 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you tried Hello World Small .

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

BLODA...look it up: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-03/msg00651.html 

-slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Do you have spaces in the path to your project? If yes move it to a folder whose name doesn't have any spaces. 

--- Quote End ---  

. Please,Can you guide for me by images. Thanks....
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've try put the project directly into my C partition folder with no space between at all. it still do the same error (The software setting (STF) file associated with this project is damaged) 

any idea?
0 Kudos