Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Nios II Flash Programmer (error)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I've built an SOPC system with SOPC Builder, and I've written my code using Nios II IDE. 

i was using a DE1 board, i try to program my main program code into the Flash memory (EPCS device) using the Nios II Flash Programmer, so that every time i switch off the DE1 and open again, the main program will still inside the board. 

I was following the step like the Nios II Flash Programmer User Guide . 

And i am very not sure what should i set for the Reset Vector and Exception Vector .. 

What is Reset Vector and Exception Vector ?? 

After i program with the Flash programmer. It show me this error. 

# Programming flash with the FPGA configuration "$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/nios2-flash-programmer" --epcs --base=0x01009800 --sidp=0x0 100a028 --id=1510228780 --timestamp=1263451078 --instance=0 "flash_0.flash" There are no Nios II processors available which match the values specified. Please check that your PLD is correctly configured, downloading a new SOF file if necessary.  

After mine research around the internet. I try to program the .pof file into the flash memory using the Quartus II programmer in AS mode first, then i program the main program code using the Nios II programmer again (in JTAG mode). And It show me an error also.. 

Programmed 185KB +7KB in 4.6s (41.7KB/s) Did not attempt to verify device contents Leaving target processor paused  

Anyone can help me with this error ? Izzt possible with me SOPC builer setting was wrong ??
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The latest message you show isn't an error. It says that it managed to program the flash but warns you that it didn't verify the contents. Your flash should be programmed now.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try doing this 

reset address pointing to ->external Flash 

Exception address ->SRAM 

In the NIOS II IDE, in the system library property make the program memory, read only memory, read/write memory, heap memory, stack memory are pointed to sram and try.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for the reply.. 

but in mine sopc, i didnt add the SRAM components..i did add a SDRAM.. 

and i pointed t he program memory, read only memory, read/write memory, heap memory, stack memory to SDRAM. can i do that so ? 

another question, if let said i had success to build a .txt file into the flash memory, how do i recall the .txt file out using NIOS II IDE ? what command have to wrote in the NIOS II IDE ? 

0 Kudos