Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

NEEK Composite video HELP!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm a noob to the NEEK and NIOS II and Altera in general, and I've been working on a project that uses the NEEK platform and have been having issues.  

What I want to do is read in a video feed from the composite-in port and then perform some image processing on the data and then output that data to the LCD.  

I started using a demo I found that displays dynamic scaling and clipping that I found from the NIOS wiki: "nioswiki.com/nios2embeddedevaluationkit/altera%27s video and image processing suite demo on the neek" 

The demo worked fine (after some tweaking by placing some of the header files into different folders), but my problem now is that I don't know what to do next. I've been trying to access the raw data that is being sent to the LCD screen, but I've been having no luck. I tried to access what comes from the composite-in, but that's in the wrong format, and I don't know how to pull the data from the deinterlacer. I've also had trouble outputting my own data to the LCD screen (I can't create my own LCD object different from the original code's). I did get something to output to the screen, but it was only a small green box in the upper corner.  

So, I'm stuck. PLEASE HELP ME! 

Thank you. 

-J
0 Kudos
0 Replies