Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

IO current strength issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1、Is the defalt current strength the max? How to change the defalt current strength for all io? 

2、I found that the defalt (max) current strength are differ in differ io bank for the same IO standard, it's true?! This issue can check the attached file.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

default is max. You can change the IO on a per-pin basis.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think that we can change all IO's defalt current strength by one shot, for i found below comments in the Altera's an545 sheet: 

"You can change the default setting of the I/O drive strength in the Device Setting tab (on the Assignments menu, click Device). " 

But, I don't find the "Device Setting tab" as above comments. 

Anyone can find it?!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

May be a global current strength setting in device assignments existed with previous Quartus versions. But as far as I know, it doesn't, now. You can set rather easily a current strength for all pins in the Pin Planner, I think, but you can also apply a single line assignment for all pins in the Assignment Editor or enter it as a tcl command. 

P.S.: I see, that a global "*" assignment doesn't work as with previous Quartus versions. So setting current strength in the Pin Planner to all pins or groups of pins seems to be the best way now.
0 Kudos