Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Tripple-Speed Ethernet in Quartus 9.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm migrating with a project from Quartus 8.1 to Quartus 9.1 and have compilation errors due to Tripple-Speed Ethernet. SOPC Builder generates the NIOS II system with this component without any problems. However, when I start the Quartus II compilation, following error is reported: 

Error: Node instance "altera_tse_mac_inst" instantiated with unknown parameter "ENABLE_EXTENDED_STAT_REG" 

Error: Node instance "altera_tse_mac_inst" instantiated with unknown parameter "SYNCHRONIZER_DEPTH" 

Anyone knows why ? How can the problem be avoided ? 

Best regards, 

Joel
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found the problem, old files were in the project directory.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can anyone provide details on this? I'm having the same issue in changing from 8.1 to 10.0 sp1

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As far as I can remember there were still some files generated in Q8.1 regarding the Ethernet block. They have not been overwritten in Q9.1. They needed to be removed in order to generate SOPC successfully. I can not help you more, but must tell you that I got back to Q8.1 due to other problems/bugs in Q9.1.  

best regards 

Joel
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for the update. I'm trying to make it work in 10.0sp1 so the problem must persist from 9.1 on to the latest version I guess...

0 Kudos