Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Quartus 9.0 Web Edition to 9.1 Full Version Issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have the following issue: I've recently upgraded to Quarus 9.1 SJ Full Version. I'm using EP1C12Q240C8. So, I've converted the 9.0 project to the current version and everything seems fine. The project is compiled successfully. I upload the EPC2 pof file to the configuration chip. The problem is when i start the board it seems that the FPGA doesn't download the program from the configuration chip. All the pins are in high level. 

When I upload the old .pof file from 9.0 version everything is fine. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance 

Best regards, 

VT
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I have the following issue: I've recently upgraded to Quarus 9.1 SJ Full Version. I'm using EP1C12Q240C8. So, I've converted the 9.0 project to the current version and everything seems fine. The project is compiled successfully. I upload the EPC2 pof file to the configuration chip. The problem is when i start the board it seems that the FPGA doesn't download the program from the configuration chip. All the pins are in high level. 

When I upload the old .pof file from 9.0 version everything is fine. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance 

Best regards, 

VT 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

as far as I know there is bug in the pof-generation in Quartus 9.1. There must be a lot of threads in the forum. 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is fixed in QII 9.1 SP1

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the fast replies. I'm downloading SP1.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried 9.1 SP1 for creating a pof file for Arria ii gx device and it did not work. The only version that can create a POF file is 9.0 SP2 for my device. I am using a CFI flash for my program. Any idea, thoughts!!!!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

9.1 SP1 doesn't work for me neither.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Victor, 

There is a difference in the size of the SOF file that you provide in 9.1 SP1 and 9.0 SP2. Try this COF file, it works for me in 9.1 SP1. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII" standalone="yes"?> <cof> <eprom_name>CFI_512MB</eprom_name> <output_filename>output_file.pof</output_filename> <n_pages>2</n_pages> <width>1</width> <mode>6</mode> <sof_data> <start_address>00640000</start_address> <end_address>00C4A795</end_address> <user_name>Page_1</user_name> <page_flags>2</page_flags> <bit0> <sof_filename>test.sof</sof_filename> </bit0> </sof_data> <sof_data> <start_address>00020000</start_address> <end_address>0062A795</end_address> <user_name>Page_0</user_name> <page_flags>1</page_flags> <bit0> <sof_filename>test.sof</sof_filename> </bit0> </sof_data> <version>4</version> <options> <map_file>1</map_file> <option_start_address>18000</option_start_address> </options> </cof>  

Kumaran
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Kumaran, Thanks 

I'm going to try it next work week.  

I suggest I should change the <eprom_name>CFI_512MB</eprom_name> with <eprom_name>EPC2</eprom_name>. 

Best regards, 

VT
0 Kudos