Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Need to install device with more I/O pins

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am new to simulations in Quartus. The problem is that my design needs more I/O pins than what is available in any device. Some devices are labeled as 'not installed' devices and they offer more I/O pins but I don't know how I can install them. 

Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks, 

m-ary  

Error: Design requires 820 I/O pad resources -- too many to fit in 506 available in the selected device or any device in the device family
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I am new to simulations in Quartus. The problem is that my design needs more I/O pins than what is available in any device. Some devices are labeled as 'not installed' devices and they offer more I/O pins but I don't know how I can install them. 

Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks, 

m-ary  

Error: Design requires 820 I/O pad resources -- too many to fit in 506 available in the selected device or any device in the device family 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

I assume that you use the Quartus Web edition. The Web edition supports not all available Devcies. If you really need the number of pins you have to use the full version of Quartus. 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos