Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16610 Discussions

Multiple slave port in SOPC builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am trying to build a component with multiple slave ports. Therefore, I connected 3 different slave input ports to my component(attachment). But, when I tried to generate the system SOPC complained about the multiple ports of same type.(attachment). 

Does anybody have an idea hot to overcome this problem? 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not sure if you can do this, but why don't you create a slave interface and instantiate it 3 times in SOPC builder. 

Kumaran
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Yes it is possible, I just made a component with two interface and I have no error. And the Avalon Interface Specification tells it : 

--- Quote Start ---  

A single component can include any number of these interfaces and can also include multiple instances of the same interface type. 

--- Quote End ---  

In the component editor you have some warnings with the clocks and resets, try first to remove them. Maybe show us the Interface tab of the component editor, I think the problem is here. 

Jérôme
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jerome, 

i agree that it must be possible to use multiple ports. I also dont know about the warning with clocks and resets, because they are CLOCK_SINK type. 

Here is and attachment of system inter connect. Infact, I started with only one clock. But, when SOPC didnt allow me to do so, I assigned 3 different clocks for 3 different interfaces only to see if it allows now or not. 

Best regards.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I think the problem is the link between the clock interface and the avalon slave interface. Because you can use the same clock for different avalon slave interfaces without problem. 

I attach a Quartus II project with a SOPC containing a Nios II, a memory, a custom component with two avalon slave interfaces and one clock, and one component with two clocks and two avalon slave interfaces. And as you can see there is no warning, so you should check the interface tab of the component editor. 

Jérôme
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HI Jérôme, 

Thanks a lot. Your design works, I need to investigate a bit more in my design to get it working. Currently, I use software without SP1. I will update it and will try again. 

Best regards, 

Hardik
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I now know what was the problem. SOPC builder somehow did not assign the different slave interfaces in the TCL file. Here are the screen shots of TCL file. Manually correcting the TCL file solved the problem. 

Best regards, 

Hardik
0 Kudos