Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

HELP!!! MAX+PLUS II Can't Find File - Why?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to modify a EPM9560RI208-20 old design for a customer and I am having troubles getting the MAX+PLUS II Baseline tool to get passed its 'Fitter' process when trying to rebuild the existing design.  

I have put a ticket in with Altera support, but been long in getting an some kind of solution. I thought maybe I would try the user-> Gurus out there for a quicker answer to what is really going on here.  

Basically, I have in installed and received 1 month trial license for MAX+PLUS II development s/w, added the updates to get it to Version 10.23. When I build it comes up when starting the 'Fitter' portion with: NOTE: attachment is MS Word file containing the actual screen dump. 

error: i/o error - can't open file c:\maxplus2\m9560.maf 

I have found nothing on any Altera searchs to figure out what even a .MAF file type is. I have talked with my local FAE for Altera, he seems to think it may be a licensing issue? I don't understand how the M9560 device profile files are added to the MAX+PLUS II system (i.e. need a library loaded or software switch thrown??). 

I am great need and would be FOREVER INDEBTED to someone who can get me going here ASAP! 

Heck, I would buy the software NOW, but seems the Quartus II stuff doesn't support any MAX9000 family stuff, and I don't know if 10.23 even will work... Maybe I need 10.01 or even earlier version as they may have removed the old device with newer releases since the device was obsoleted somewhere around 1998?  

Thanks in advance for your all help you lend,  

Lon.
0 Kudos
0 Replies