Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

Quartus II Web Edition 13.1.0.162 Installation window not responding

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Everyone, 

This is my first post in this forum. If you happen to find any corrections to be made to this post, please let me know. 

I recently downloaded the Quartus II Web edition version 13.1.0.162 and installed it. However during installation towards the end, the installation window froze and displays "not responding" on the title bar. It does not seem to solve on its own. Is there any fix for this problem.  

However, the installation also involved installing the ModelSim-Altera 10.1d (Quartus II 13.1). This application is available and is running fine. But the installation window has frozen. I am attaching a screenshot of my how my window looks after the freeze. Can anyone help me on this? 

I had installed the Quartus II 9.0 version before and uninstalled it during the installation of the 13.1 version. Could this be the source of the window staying in the freeze state? 

Sincerely, 

Ritesh
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That screenshot looks more like it's from Microsoft Word than a version of Quartus. Something is clearly messed up. I'd uninstall and trash the altera folder or wherever you installed Quartus and download and reinstall, perhaps a newer version if possible.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello sstrell, 

That happened because I had opened word. I had the same problem yesterday when I tried to install the software, but without the overlapping of word. It still had the installation percentage displayed but the window remained frozen. 

Other versions are not supported on my system since it is a 32-bit system and 13.1 was the latest and best version I could find to install. I have closed the window and am trying to reinstall again. I will update if there are any developments. 

Thank you, 

Ritesh
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Everyone, 

The installation finished and the Installation complete window showed up. This time I only opted to install the Quartus II Web edition, deselecting all the other options during selection. I have attached a screenshot of the selections I made during installation. I'm guessing that it was because of the older version installed. But not really sure that it could have caused the freeze.  

Thank you sstrell for your inputs. 

Ritesh
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You have to install devices or you won't be able to do anything.

0 Kudos