Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

errors in qsys migrating from quartus 15.1 to 16.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

A project that works in quartus 15.1 and that generates the hdl without any issue in quartus gives me errors in qsys (started from quartus 16.0). There are no issues in the message window of qsys, but when I hit the generate button, I get the following errors. (I did all kinds of searches on migrating from 15.1 to 16.0 and I didn't find anything obvious) 

Info: MyMODULE: softresetEnable = 1 

Info: MyMODULE: Starting RTL generation for module 'HsStdSopc_altera_avalon_dma_160_z7au5ti' 

Info: MyMODULE: Generation command is [exec C:/altera/16.0/quartus/bin64//perl/bin/perl.exe -I C:/altera/16.0/quartus/bin64//perl/lib -I C:/altera/16.0/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/europa -I C:/altera/16.0/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/perl_lib -I C:/altera/16.0/quartus/sopc_builder/bin -I C:/altera/16.0/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/common -I C:/altera/16.0/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/altera_avalon_dma -- C:/altera/16.0/quartus/../ip/altera/sopc_builder_ip/altera_avalon_dma/generate_rtl.pl --name=HsStdSopc_altera_avalon_dma_160_z7au5ti --dir=C:/Users/ian/AppData/Local/Temp/alt7305_7765832829324857051.dir/0272_MyMODULE_gen/ --quartus_dir=C:/altera/16.0/quartus --verilog --config=C:/Users/ian/AppData/Local/Temp/alt7305_7765832829324857051.dir/0272_MyMODULE_gen//HsStdSopc_altera_avalon_dma_160_z7au5ti_component_configuration.pl --do_build_sim=0 ] 

Info: MyMODULE:# 2017.05.19 12:55:57 (*) HsStdSopc_altera_avalon_dma_160_z7au5ti: allowing these transactions: word, hw, byte_access 

Info: MyMODULE:  

Info: MyMODULE: WARNING: 

Info: MyMODULE: Could not find a signal named (19)! at C:/altera/16.0/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/europa/europa_utils.pm line 248. 

Info: MyMODULE: Could not find a signal named (19)! at C:/altera/16.0/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/europa/europa_utils.pm line 248. 

Error: MyMODULE: Failed to generate module HsStdSopc_altera_avalon_dma_160_z7au5ti 

Info: MyMODULE: Done RTL generation for module 'HsStdSopc_altera_avalon_dma_160_z7au5ti' 

Error: Generation stopped, 51 or more modules remaining 

Info: HsStdSopc: Done "HsStdSopc" with 37 modules, 9 files 

Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 1: 2 Errors, 0 Warnings 

Info: Finished: Create HDL design files for synthesis
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Weird. Try just opening and closing the parameter editor for each component in your design. Maybe something needs to be updated behind the scenes for a particular component and it's not happening.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried opening and closing the parameter editor for all components: same errors...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is MyMODULE a custom IP made through the Component Editor? Maybe there's something wrong with its _hw.tcl file in the newer version of Qsys. If so, try opening the Component Editor again and recreating the hw.tcl file.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, MyMODULE is a DMA controller from the altera ip library. For the time being, I will continue using quartus 15.1 If anyone has some ideas, please let me know. If I find the issue, I will post my findings here.

0 Kudos