Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

lan91c111 component(v7.2) in Nios2 not supported by uclinux??

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, I am working on running uclinux(newest in the wiki) on nios2 using StratixII Dev board(2s60 with two ADC&DACs on it), I use QII(edk) 7.2. But when I add lan91c111 interface of version7.2 in sopc bulder, after generation there comes out a new "address_to_the_lan91c111[15..0]" port which doesn't exist if I add a version7.0 lan91c111 interface IP. And the other ports(data,rd,wt..) are the same as version7.0 case, then I don not care about new 16bits port(link nothing), after I recompile and run the uclinux, the device driver can not start the smc91c111 ethernet chip, as the start script say:"smc91x: not found (-19)." If I use version7.0 lan91c111 component, the device driver can boot up the chip successfully. So, is the device driver is "too old" to support the version7.2 lan91c111? If I want the lan91c1x driver in uclinux support the 7.2, whant should I do? Even now, 7.0 could some kind work well, that's good. 

Any advice or recommendation is appriated.:)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

oh, I have fixed this problem, it's not the driver or the version, but I didn't configue the sram-ethernet share in the tri-avalon-bus which link the sram and lan91c111. I guess it's because we didn't share the address, so it display in the generated file(.bdf) for you could use it directly. 

Thanks for consideration.:)
0 Kudos