Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Nios II Embedded Design Suite and Processor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

could someode tell me why i could need the Nios II Embedded Design Suite for ein Video application, and what about Nios II Embedded Processor? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nios has "memory mapped" and "streaming based" processing blocks and interconnect. 

So basically you get a proven system that works, and you can concentrate on adding the extra features you want, because the rest will just work from day 1.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

if you are using VIP Suite, the blocks can have run-time control of parameters. these parameters are controlled over an Avalon-MemoryMapped bus. you can write an HDL state machine to load the registers over Avalon-MM, or you could use a Nios II processor.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

if you are using VIP Suite, the blocks can have run-time control of parameters. these parameters are controlled over an Avalon-MemoryMapped bus. you can write an HDL state machine to load the registers over Avalon-MM, or you could use a Nios II processor. 

--- Quote End ---  

I am new with the Nios II processor. I intend to use it to implement it in a SOPC . It's for a controller in power electronic applications. I would like to know why the Nios II could be a good option over other soft-cores for power electronics ? 

Thanks
0 Kudos