Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Howto Assign clock to node?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

i built a NiosII system in SOPC Builder, which has several i/Os. 

Then i compiled it and want to integrate in Quartus now.  

Fot the Connections i goi to assign pins and connect the normal I/Os, but where do i have to connect the Clock to? (i want to use the external 50MHz oszillator which is in the usermaual said to be at Pin_J10) but in the list there is no Pin_J10 (only J9 and J11) .. 

and another question: 

there is a Pin named Key[0]. whats this pin for? 

Thanks in advance... 

Edit: 

Ok, now i build a clock in the Classic_time_Analyser_Wizzard, but when ic compile i get this errormessag: 

Error: Can't generate files for the PrimeTime EDA tool because the TimeQuest Timing Analyzer is not selected as the timing analysis tool for the current device family 

but when i activate time-quest i can't use the wizzard, and i dont understand the function of timequest :(
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What board do you have? Don't rely on the documentation for the pin number, look at the board schematic instead. 

The classic time analyser or Timequest are simulators. The clock you create with those systems are for simulation only, and to run your design on an FPGA you need that external oscillator.
0 Kudos