Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

FMC Connectors on Arria 10 Development board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has anyone used the FMC connector pins on the Arria 10 development board in a design ?? They use both LVDS and High Speed Differential I/O Standards. Even from the basic "golden_top" project file downloaded from the Altera site, with nothing edited, the compilation fails at the fitting stage due to it requiring "too many pins". 

I then took out everything in the design file that I didn't need to isolate the FMC connector and reduce the amount of pins and still received errors. 

The error I got was:  

Error(16234): No legal location could be found out of 1 considered location(s). Reasons why each location could not be used are summarized below:  

Error(184016): There were not enough differential input pin locations available (1 location affected)  

Info(175029): pin containing PIN_G11. Already placed at this location: pin fmcb_la_rx_p[7]  

Info(175015): The I/O pad fmcb_la_rx_p[7] is constrained to the location PIN_G11 due to: User Location Constraints (PIN_G11)  

Info(14709): The constrained I/O pad is contained within this pin  

Info(175015): The I/O pad fmcb_la_rx_n[7] is constrained to the location PIN_G12 due to: User Location Constraints (PIN_G12)  

Info(14709): The constrained I/O pad is contained within this pin 

There were 64 instances of this error. 

Does anyone know the resolution to this error? This is on a Quartus project file straight from the Altera site, before I even use my proposed design. 

I am using Quartus version 16.1.
0 Kudos
0 Replies