Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Is "Arria II GX FPGA Development Kit" CD content compatible with quartus II 10.0sp1?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'v just received a Arria II GX FPGA Development Kit, and the delivered software and test software are all based on quartus II 9, which is the same as the altera online resource. 

I got a quartus 10 sp1 on my computer but the test software seems not compatible with the new quartus version. Do I have to uninstall the quartus software and reinstall a ver 9 software?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can install as many versions as you want side by side. Each version installs in its own subdirectory e.g on my (windows) machine C:altera\90sp2\... and C:altera\91\...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You can install as many versions as you want side by side. Each version installs in its own subdirectory e.g on my (windows) machine C:altera\90sp2\... and C:altera\91\... 

--- Quote End ---  

Do you mean the delivered software with the kit is not compatible with quartus10? 

I did ever tried installing ver 10 with ver 9.1 existing in my computer, but I failed before I uninstalled the ver 9.1.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I haven't installed 10.0 as I'm in the middle of a large project. But some time ago I had to do support for some legacy device and I went back through a lot of QII versions and was able to install each onel nicely alongside 9.1. 

I think it is wise to install the Quartus II version that came with the kit. You will be able to compile all examples etc. Later on you can give 10.0 a try.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I haven't installed 10.0 as I'm in the middle of a large project. But some time ago I had to do support for some legacy device and I went back through a lot of QII versions and was able to install each onel nicely alongside 9.1. 

I think it is wise to install the Quartus II version that came with the kit. You will be able to compile all examples etc. Later on you can give 10.0 a try. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for reply, and I think your advice might be the best choice I could choose until now. I may try it a little bit later.
0 Kudos