Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

PreBuild libraries not working properly for Altera-Modelsim

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I m using altera-modelsim for my project. Quartus has generated a functional simulation model file(.vo). I see most of the altera libraries prebuild and mapped to my project. But when I simulate using my testbench, it fails reporting  

Error: (vsim-3033) /$$$$$$$$$$$$$/simulation/modelsim/$$$$$$$$$$_timestamp_051817_141152.vo(1564905): Instantiation of 'stratixv_io_ibuf' failed. The design unit was not found. 

My understanding is that this library is precompiled as a part of the altera-modelsim, and is present in the library list in my project. What could be the reason why the simulation stopped. Any directions?. 

Regards 

Jeebu Jacob Thomas
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just an additional information: I m using Modelsim from Quartus15 for simulation and the Quartus14 for generating the simulation file.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Solved the problem. The design was in verilog, and the library support was available only for VHDL. Once I changed the netlist generation option from verilog to VHDL, the error issue got solved.  

Why is there no library support in Verilog for StratixV ?. Or is it available?.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is, but perhaps you have a mixed-language design. Are you using the starter edition of Modelsim-Altera? I think it only supports a design that is all of one language or the other.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sstrell,  

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I m using the starter edition of Modelsim-Altera. And my design is mixed with verilog and system verilog. But Altera Tool information page confirms Mixed Support for Starter Edition too. 

https://www.altera.com/products/design-software/model---simulation/modelsim-altera-software.html 

Thanks and Regards 

Jeebu Jacob Thomas
0 Kudos