Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

SOPC Custom Memory Component

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to create a custom memory component to use with NIOS. I generated an Avalon MM Slave component and I can add it and it seems to connect fine. However, NIOS won't let me select it for the Reset or Exception vectors. Also, SOPC gives me a warning at the bottom saying that those vectors cannot be set until I add a memory device. So, it seems like SOPC does not recognize my component as a memory device. What do I need to add to the interface to make it show up as a memory device? 

Thank you for your help 

Here is the verilog for the component (basic pass through). 

module my_ram (// Slave interface input csi_clock_clk, input csi_clock_reset_n, input avs_s1_address, input avs_s1_byteenable, input avs_s1_read, input avs_s1_write, input avs_s1_writedata, output avs_s1_readdata, output avs_s1_waitrequest, // Conduit output coe_user_clk, output coe_user_reset_n, output coe_user_address, output coe_user_byteenable, output coe_user_read, output coe_user_write, output coe_user_writedata, input coe_user_readdata, input coe_user_waitrequest); assign avs_s1_readdata = coe_user_readdata; assign avs_s1_waitrequest = coe_user_waitrequest; assign coe_user_clk = csi_clock_clk; assign coe_user_reset_n = csi_clock_reset_n; assign coe_user_address = avs_s1_address; assign coe_user_byteenable = avs_s1_byteenable; assign coe_user_read = avs_s1_read; assign coe_user_write = avs_s1_write; assign coe_user_writedata = avs_s1_writedata; endmodule
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In your .tcl file you should change something like  

set_interface_property "as1" "isMemoryDevice" "false" to 

set_interface_property "as1" "isMemoryDevice" "true" 

Then your AVALON-component (as1) will be a memory 

Best regards, 

Kest
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you so much Kest! that was it. It now works as intended.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks you kest . I was struggle with the same problem for two days.

0 Kudos