Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16598 Discussions

Quartus 2 ver 10 Megawizard plug in maneger

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey 

I'm sorry if this problem has addressed before.  

I installed Quartus 2 version 10 both in Scientific linux and windows vista and I tried to do the example given in the tt_my_first_fpga.pdf. When I tried to add a multiplexer as explained in the page number 29, I found that their are no stuff under the gates in the MegaWizard plug in manager. 

In an one forum I have seen that version 10 is not working properly then install version 9.x. But I can't find the linux version of the 9.x. I did install the 9.0 in a Windows vista PC. Unfortunately that version didn't have the FPGA “EP3C25F324C8” in the device list.  

Could any one help me! :confused:
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can find all previous versions (and the actual) in Altera's archive: https://www.altera.com/download/archives/arc-index.jsp (https://www.altera.com/download/archives/arc-index.jsp)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you josyb. 

Do you know a method to add a new device (eg. LPM_MUX) to the gates in the MegaWizard Plugging manager. 

Thank you for the reply.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As mentioned in other threads, many LPM-functions are no longer supported in Q10.0. I don't know of a way of adding IP to the MegaWizard selection. 

But you can use Q9.1Sp2?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Josyb

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Josyb 

I didn't see the the linux version of the Quartus2 9.0 in the link which you posted in your reply. Didn't they released a linux version of the version 9.0 webedition? :confused:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You're quite right. Altera only started with a Linux Web (free) version at version 9.1.  

I suggest you download that 9.1sp2. I just checked: it has all LPM_ functions in the MegaWizard. It supports all Cyclone devices up to III and has preliminary support for some Cyclone IV devices (Altera is using this version for the Cyclone IV GX development kit as well
0 Kudos