Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Port "out1" does not exist in primitive "AND2" of instance "STEP3"? (Code inside)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey guys, 

So I am kind of confused by this error. A quick generic google search got me on another thread in this forum where someone else was facing this problem and when he changed his entity name it was working but I tried changing AND2 to AND3 and the issue persisted. There are no other entities with the name AND2 and I am not importing any files whatsoever. Here is the full code: 

LIBRARY ieee;USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all; ENTITY ALU1bit IS PORT (A,B,InvertA,InvertB,CarryIn :IN STD_LOGIC; Operation :IN STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(1 DOWNTO 0); Result,CarryOut :OUT STD_LOGIC); END ALU1bit; ARCHITECTURE ARCH1 OF ALU1bit IS COMPONENT XOR2 IS PORT(in1,in2 :IN STD_LOGIC; out1 :OUT STD_LOGIC); END COMPONENT; COMPONENT AND2 IS PORT(in1,in2 :IN STD_LOGIC; out1 :OUT STD_LOGIC); END COMPONENT; COMPONENT OR2 IS PORT(in1,in2 :IN STD_LOGIC; out1 :OUT STD_LOGIC); END COMPONENT; COMPONENT FULLADDER IS PORT(in1,in2,in3 :IN STD_LOGIC; out1,out2 :OUT STD_LOGIC); END COMPONENT; COMPONENT OPERATION_EVAL IS PORT(in1,in2,in3,in4 :IN STD_LOGIC; in5 :IN STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(1 DOWNTO 0); out1 :OUT STD_LOGIC); END COMPONENT; SIGNAL AInverted, BInverted, aANDb, aORb, aXORb, Sum : STD_LOGIC; BEGIN STEP1 : XOR2 PORT MAP (A,InvertA,AInverted); STEP2 : XOR2 PORT MAP (B,InvertB,BInverted); STEP3 : AND2 PORT MAP (AInverted,BInverted,aANDb); STEP4 : OR2 PORT MAP (AInverted,BInverted,aORb); STEP5 : XOR2 PORT MAP (AInverted,BInverted,aXORb); STEP6 : FULLADDER PORT MAP (AInverted,BInverted,CarryIn,Sum,CarryOut); STEP7 : OPERATION_EVAL PORT MAP (aANDb,aORb,aXORb,Sum,Operation,Result); END ARCH1; LIBRARY ieee; USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all; ENTITY XOR2 IS PORT (in1,in2 :IN STD_LOGIC; out1 :OUT STD_LOGIC); END XOR2; ARCHITECTURE ARCH2 OF XOR2 IS BEGIN out1 <= in1 XOR in2; END ARCH2; LIBRARY ieee; USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all; ENTITY AND2 IS PORT (in1,in2 :IN STD_LOGIC; out1 :OUT STD_LOGIC); END AND2; ARCHITECTURE ARCH3 OF AND2 IS BEGIN out1 <= in1 AND in2; END ARCH3; LIBRARY ieee; USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all; ENTITY OR2 IS PORT (in1,in2 :IN STD_LOGIC; out1 :OUT STD_LOGIC); END OR2; ARCHITECTURE ARCH4 OF OR2 IS BEGIN out1 <= in1 OR in2; END ARCH4; LIBRARY ieee; USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all; ENTITY FULLADDER IS PORT (toAdd1,toAdd2,CarryIn :IN STD_LOGIC; Sum,CarryOut :OUT STD_LOGIC); END FULLADDER; ARCHITECTURE ARCH5 OF FULLADDER IS BEGIN Sum <= (toAdd1 AND (NOT toAdd2) AND (NOT CarryIn)) OR ((NOT toAdd1) AND toAdd2 AND (NOT CarryIn)) OR ((NOT toAdd1) AND (NOT toAdd2) AND CarryIn) OR (toAdd1 AND toAdd2 AND CarryIn); CarryOut <= (toAdd1 AND CarryIn) OR (toAdd2 AND CarryIn) OR (toAdd1 AND toAdd2); END ARCH5; LIBRARY ieee; USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all; ENTITY OPERATION_EVAL IS PORT (Operation1,Operation2,Operation3,Operation4 : IN STD_LOGIC; OpCode : IN STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(1 DOWNTO 0); Final : OUT STD_LOGIC); END OPERATION_EVAL; ARCHITECTURE ARCH6 OF OPERATION_EVAL IS BEGIN WITH OpCode SELECT Final <= Operation1 WHEN "00", Operation2 WHEN "01", Operation3 WHEN "10", Operation4 WHEN OTHERS; END ARCH6;
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Not sure why you're doing all this manual logic gate instantiation (just create a behavioral description of the adder instead of manually connecting all these logic gates), but I think there is a gate primitive named and2. The name of the output of a gate primitive would be out, not out1, so maybe that's why you're getting the error.

0 Kudos