Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16611 Discussions

Quartus 10.0 can't access Network Drive

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus 10.0 on Win7 64bit machine with network drive on Netgear ReadyNAS setup for using CIFS. 

We use cmd line scripts/makefiles but we can't access the network drive from the command shell. I can cd into the drive but "ls", make, etc. all fail. 

bash-3.1$ cd /cygdrive/x/altera 

bash-3.1$ ls 

ls: reading directory .: Function not implemented 

bash-3.1$ pwd 

/cygdrive/x/altera 

bash-3.1$ 

Using 9.1SP2 on WinXP the network drive works fine. If I copy the files locally, the projects build under 10.0. 

I opened a SR, but figured they might be backed up w/ 10.0 probs so hopefully somebody here has a solution 

Thanks 

Stefan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Stefan, 

The "Function not implemented" message is a bit odd. I don't see the same issue. I have just started trying things, but sopc_builder, from the CLI works fine...so far...for me. 

[UPDATE: Everything seems to work fine for me, though synthesis/mapping is quite slow due to the use of a non-local filesystem. I used 'sopc_builder' and 'quartus_cmd' from the CLI with success.] 

Regards, 

--slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think this is purely a cygwin issue. I've seen it with cygwin on Vista, and a web search found a cygwin thread implying that a bug was found that caused this under some circumstances, and it's been fixed. I updated my cygwin install on Vista and that fixed it. 

So, for Quartus/Nios purposes, this will probably get fixed in a future release if Altera uses an updated version of cygwin. The thread I found didn't suggest what conditions might cause this or what workarounds might help. I don't know if you can use a separate cygwin install and run the Altera tools from it. 

\c
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Chuck, 

You may be right. For the record, I can access shares on Ubuntu (Samba 3.4.7), Windows Vista, and Windows 7. 

So, it looks like the Cygwin version changed between 9.1 and 10.0. Googling for Cygwin and this "ls" issue should yield some possible solutions. 

Cheers, 

--slacker
0 Kudos