Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Megawizard loading problem for cycloneIII device

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , 

I want to control DDR2 ram using Cyclone 3 Video development kit and megawizard. Kit contains an EP3C120F780C7 chip... When I tried to add ddr2 sdram high performance controller ip to any project , Megawizard splash screen loading a few bar and closing ... There is no problem for any other ip functions. The other weird is ; There are 4 computer , 2 of adding the ip successfully but the other 2 doesn't....(all computers Xp installed).. also I tried to add that ip with all license types( full license,trial,web edition license) 

is there anyone know , how can I fix this ? thanks...
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

which version of Quartus?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried 9.0 9.1 and all service packs also 10.0 ... there are 3 desktop , 2 of them (doesnt belong to me) have no problem for 9.0 version...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The same problem also occurred in Vista :confused:

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Solved... a new English Xp sp3 , and I installed the Quartus II 8.0 when the antivir is stopped.... There is no differences before i tried ...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for sharing the solution

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I congratulate the altera for their successfully annoying software...After 1-2 opening the ip menu forum project navigator the same problem occured again... 

<an update>  

After creating a new user account and logging in , megawizard started to run precisely
0 Kudos