Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

module cpu not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello 

I am having a problem using C program in NiosII IDE. I am using the hello world template project from nios II. I have used the SRAM controller provided by the University Program. 

when i'm compiling the project I am geting a error message as: 

****Build of configuration Release for project hello_world_small_0 **** 

make -s all includes  

Creating generated_app.mk... 

Creating generated_all.mk... 

error: module cpu (altera_nios2) not found in component directory (install.ptf) 

Aug 31, 2010 3:08:59 PM - (SEVERE) generate: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.altera.ingenuous.GTFElement.GTFElementErrorException: <error> element in GTF script 

make: *** [/cygdrive/d/NIOS2/hello/software/hello_world_small_0_syslib/Release/system_description/../obj/generated_all.mk-t] Error 1 

plz can you'll help?? 

thanx  

malcolm
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi fabmal004, did you ever find the cause of this issue?  

It turns out that I have just picked up a project made in 7.2sp3 and I have got the same error message. 

So far I have tried re-installing Quartus, Nios II and the IP megacore incrementally from v7.2 sp1 through to sp3. I have also had a look through the installed sopc folders and I can see that the nios cpu component files definately exist in my install, but for some reason Nios is not finding them. 

Anyone else have any ideas or a solution??
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi fabmal004, did you ever find the cause of this issue?  

It turns out that I have just picked up a project made in 7.2sp3 and I have got the same error message. 

So far I have tried re-installing Quartus, Nios II and the IP megacore incrementally from v7.2 sp1 through to sp3. I have also had a look through the installed sopc folders and I can see that the nios cpu component files definately exist in my install, but for some reason Nios is not finding them. 

Anyone else have any ideas or a solution?? 

--- Quote End ---  

After 2 days of messing about I have finally found the reason for this error, so I shall post my fix for all those who may stumble across the same issue. 

All you have to do is go into your main project folder and move/delete any pre-compiled *.sof and *.ptf files from it, including any backup versions you may have under the same name. While you are at it you can also delete the .sopc_builder folder as well as the sopc builder will re-generate that file when you run it again. 

Rebuild the IP in sopc builder, rebuild the hardware in Quartus.  

Launch Nios II and do a clean and a build. 

I hope this may help anyone who is stuck with the same compiler error.
0 Kudos