Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Missing Features in Quartuss II 10.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus II Web 9 has the feature of automatically attaching / detaching various windows (under that window's tools|options). This feature has been dropped in version 10 (unless I'm being blind), and it would be nice if SP2 would return it. 

Also, pressing CTRL+L or CTRL+K in the text-editor now deletes the text of that line instead of running the compilation - another bug that requires fixing. This seems to be random though, because it does work correctly sometimes. 

I find the line:column number indication in the status bar at the bottom of the text-editor very useful, which is present in version 9, but missing in version 10. Does anyone know where to enable it so it is visible?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

also the signal tap makes a mess from the signals.when i add a bus for signal tap, sometimes it results in single line only even when using the noprune attribute for register signals.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i recommend filing service requests on the bugs you find and enhancements you'd like to see. i would also update to 10.0sp1 to see if any of these bugs have been fixed

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for the advice - I submitted a service request. I have SP1 (hence the "SP2" in my post body)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ah i see now

0 Kudos