Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

build neek_ocm_spi_mmu with quartus 10

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a little problem building building the neek_ocm_spi_mmu reference design from the wiki. 

I installed Quartus 10 on Linux, opened the project, went into SOPC builder and updated to current cores (via File->Refresh System). 

After saving in the SOPC and going back to quarus I tried building the hardware with the "start compilation" button. After a few second the compilation fails with the error that the entity cycloneIII_embedded_evaluation_kit_standard_sopc is undefined. 

Error: Node instance "cycloneIII_embedded_evaluation_kit_standard_sopc_instance" instantiates undefined entity "cycloneIII_embedded_evaluation_kit_standard_sopc" 

I'm completely new to the Altera Toolset, and my main objective is to get Linux on the NEEK Board running. I have an idea what the error means, but I don't know what/where to change so it works. 

It would be very nice if someone could point me in the right direction to fix the error, or maybe we could update the files in the wiki to match the current version and work. 

Regards, 

Andreas
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

has no one an idea what to do to get the example design up and running? 

Regards, 

Andreas
0 Kudos