Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Error while traing to

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I synthesized my design in Quartus II , "EDA Netlist Writer" and I keep getting the following message: 

"Warning: Can't generate output files. Specify command-line options to generate output files, or update EDA tool settings using GUI or Tcl script". 

The problem is that the Bank 1 GCLK, in MAX2, EPM2210F256I5 (meant to be enable for clock) in not going up to 3.3V ('1').  

what should I do, can anybody help? 

Regards, 

Idan 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I synthesized my design in Quartus II , "EDA Netlist Writer" and I keep getting the following message: 

"Warning: Can't generate output files. Specify command-line options to generate output files, or update EDA tool settings using GUI or Tcl script". 

The problem is that the Bank 1 GCLK, in MAX2, EPM2210F256I5 (meant to be enable for clock) in not going up to 3.3V ('1').  

what should I do, can anybody help? 

Regards, 

Idan 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

I think the warning is not related to your problem. The warning occurs, because the default setting of Quartus switched on the so-called EDA Netlist writer. The writer is used 

for generation of a netlist of your design for third party EDA tools like simulation tools. 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The problem I also met before, However, I think It did no issues to my design . So I want to ask wether the warning has no influence in arbirary sitution or not .

0 Kudos